Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Teamviewer and IP might have been hacked - GONNA GET FIRED!

teamviewer ip address cloned fired

• Please log in to reply

Amanda Julynn Middleman

Amanda Julynn Middleman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Is it possible for someone to clone your Teamviewer account and IP address so it looks like you've logged into your work computer from your home computer when you really haven't??? And I mean cloning you Home laptop IP address so it looks like you're logging into your work computer from home while you're on the clock at work.
Yeah - someone has effed me big time and I don't know how to prove it! HELP!!! They're gonna fire me tomorrow!!!

Advertisements

RolandJS

RolandJS

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

If I understand your situation correctly, I think it's very likely somebody guessed your username and your password and went right to work.  I know nothing about IP cloning, I'll others comment on that part.

Amanda Julynn Middleman

Amanda Julynn Middleman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

They had access to my work computer which had my teamviewer account on it.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts

If your at a large enough company, then you might have either an Infosec officer or someone who has that responsibility.  Either way you should report suspicious activity.  Also you should change your login info.  You can also contact Teamviewer support for assistance.  I would also go to your home computer and submit a request for help from our malware experts to make sure your pc doesn't have any malware on it.

http://www.geekstogo...alware-removal/