Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Backup Window 10 to SSD

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 08 February 2017 - 03:08 PM

Hello thedronefan101, Everything you need to know explained + a download link for the free software here Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

thedronefan101

thedronefan101

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Right now, my PC's OS is stored in the HDD. But I would like to transfer the OS into SSD. Is that possible to do that. My point of understanding, you need to start fresh install on that SSD. But all the important document and software is in the HDD. I do not want to fresh install because it will take time to install my old software one by one and it will a tedious job.Maybe it could have the solution to transfer OS from the HDD to SSD

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hello thedronefan101,

Everything you need to know explained + a download link for the free software here

tonytranupg

tonytranupg

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

This question has been asked by many users. @Technician Do you know what is the rate of successful when using this software to migrate Windows OS from HDD/SSD to another one?

VarlarCody

VarlarCody

• Pip
  • 4 posts

you should use cloning software to clone Windows and all the installed programs along with it to your SSD. for the cloning software, I recommend AOMEI Backupper. the free version will do.

tonytranupg

tonytranupg

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

you should use cloning software to clone Windows and all the installed programs along with it to your SSD. for the cloning software, I recommend AOMEI Backupper. the free version will do.

Have you used it before? Can you tell me your experience?