Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

syskey password removal

• Please log in to reply

Michael Scofield_339525

Michael Scofield_339525

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I Need Help Removeing syskey Password from my PC

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
THIS IS FOR WINDOWS 7 ONLY, MAY WORK ON OTHER OS!!!!
I have repaired the syskey issue when created by scam call from “Windows 7 Tech Support” in windows 7. I repaired customers computers (1 32-bit and 1 64-bit) successfully, To remove following the steps below:
1.     Boot from windows 7 install cd.
2.     When the Install Windows page appears, click Repair your computer to access system recovery options.
3.     Run System Restore to last point before syskey password blocked access. (This will fail, but must be done). Click run system restore again (this will take you back to the options list)
4.     Open Command Prompt from the options list.
5.     Open Regedit (Type regedit into the command prompt). Regedit will open.
6.     Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa, and change 'SecureBoot' value to 0.
7.     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SAM\SAM\Domains\Account Change F value to 0000
8.     Reboot and Login
This has worked for me on two machines. After reboot I ran Super-anti Spyware, Ad-Aware and Hitman Pro to confirm, found 68 items on Super-Anti Spyware, 5 more on ad aware and no further detection's on Hitman Pro. The PC now runs fine with not Lockouts or Passwords.

Also found this:

Mushtak

Mushtak

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Offline NT Password & Registry Editor might help:

http://www.top-passw...-with-freeware/

I suggest you back up your important files and transfer them to an external drive, before resetting the syskey.