The machine is running great! I have not had the error message pop up at all over the past few days, although I did have to do a fresh install of windows because my machine was running insanely slow.
That's good to hear. Let's remove my tools and create a clean restore point and I think we'll be done.
Step 1: Tool Removal with Delfix and Creation of a clean restore point
- Download Delfix from here
- Ensure Remove disinfection tools is ticked
- Create registry backup
- Purge system restore
- Reset System Settings
- Click Run
- You can uninstall Emisoft Emergency Kit at this time.
- I recommend keeping Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed. Make sure to update it and run it at least once a week. If it finds things such as PUP's (Potentially Unwanted Programs) you can delete those with no worries. However, if it finds something like a trojan, come see us.
- Watch what you open in your emails. If you get an email from an unknown source with any attached files, do not open it.
- Install and keep only one anti-virus on your machine. Update it and scan your machine with it at least once a week.
- Be careful of the websites you visit.
- When installing new programs, don't be "click happy" and click through the screens. Many programs come with adware in them and are set to install them by default. Several programs require that you uncheck or select no to prevent the installation. Take your time and read each screen as you go.
I also recommend reading Miekiemoes Protection Tips
Installation of Unchecky
This is a very good little program that will automatically uncheck any boxes during a software installation. This helps prevent the software from installing any malware that is by default checked while the program is being installed.
- Click here to be taken to Unchecky.com
- Click the very large Download button.
- Click Save
- Once downloaded, double click the program (Vista, Win 7, and 8, right click and Run as Administrator)
- Once open, click the Install button.
Then click Finish
Unchecky is now installed and will help you keep unwanted check boxes unchecked.
Things I need to see in your next post