Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

extracting source code from EC2 instance?

• Please log in to reply

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi there.  I'm developing an app idea using freelancer developers. Have recently had to change developer.  My new developer has said that the old developer has not provided the source code for an AWS hosted website and database.

AWS support are saying that the new developer can "access the (EC2) instance and pull the source code from there". My developer is saying this cannot be done. So without the skill-base myself, I am at a dead-end.

Can anyone offer me definitive advice as to whether it is possible to extract source code from an EC2 instance on AWS?

Grateful for any assistance...