Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows10 disk partition

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply

Naseer Hemantham

Naseer Hemantham

• Pip
  • 2 posts

hello everyone

when i try to do disk partiton on windows10.....it shows that you have only 458mb of shrink volume...its prettymuch less than what i actually need....i have hpx360 with 500gb diskspace...in which 446gb allocated to systemdisk C...please helpme out buddies...i need minimum 50gb of new diskspace...helpme out... :yes:

Edited by Naseer Hemantham, 19 February 2017 - 02:18 AM.

Advertisements

VarlarCody

VarlarCody

• Pip
  • 4 posts

The reason why Windows won’t let you shrink the volume is as the message shown in Disk Management suggested, because there are immovable system files at the very end of the volume, as this screenshot from utility shows us. there are multiple things you could try to work this around.
1. Run the Disk Cleanup Wizard, making sure to remove the hibernation file and all restore points.
2. Disable System Restore
3. Disable the pagefile ( Open up System in Control Panel, then Advanced System Settings \ Advanced \ Performance \ Advanced \ Change \ No Paging File.
4. Disable kernel memory dump. In the same Advanced Settings, go to Startup and Recovery \ Settings and then change the Write debugging information drop-down to “None” to disable the kernel memory dump.
5. Disable Hibernation mode in your power options \ advanced power options screen.
Reboot the machine, and then delete your c:\pagefile.sys file, following these instructions if you are having issues.
details about the fix and cause of this problem, see

http://www.disk-partition.com/articles/shrink-volume-not-enough-space-4348.html

Naseer Hemantham

Naseer Hemantham

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

hello everyone

when i try to do disk partiton on windows10.....it shows that you have only 458mb of shrink volume...its prettymuch less than what i actually need....i have hpx360 with 500gb diskspace...in which 446gb allocated to systemdisk C...please helpme out buddies...i need minimum 50gb of new diskspace...helpme out... :yes:

thanks letme check that

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.   :welcome:

A good explanation of why you can't shrink the C partition, but you can work around it. 

Have a look at this free software.    

You will not need to manage the unmovable files.   See 

tonytranupg

tonytranupg

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

I vote for Acronis Disk Director Suite as I have been using this application for years and there's no issue at all.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

Been a while since we heard from you.   Did you manage to shrink/create the partitions, or do you need any more help?

An update would be appreciated.

Thanks.