Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Website help - Might be DNS problem

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

larssonmc2

larssonmc2

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I wonder if anyone can please offer advice.

I have recently had my website revamped and I have changed hosting companies.  The website is

For some strange reason, when I connect to my Virgin Media internet at home it brings up my old website (blue background) but when I am out and about or using my
mobile on 4G or go to a friends house and use their broadband, the new website works perfectly normally.

I have tried calling Virgin Media, but I am getting nowhere.  The host of my site says the new site is live and should work.  It does, apart from when I connect at home to my internet service.

Can anyone offer any advice?  Is this a problem with Virgin and the DNS?

Cheers
Mark

Edited by larssonmc2, 22 February 2017 - 05:16 AM.

Advertisements

tonytranupg

tonytranupg

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

You should clear DNS on your Windows PC first in order to connect to a new site. Sometimes it needs, but sometimes it doesn't.

ipconfig /flushdns

larssonmc2

larssonmc2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

You should clear DNS on your Windows PC first in order to connect to a new site. Sometimes it needs, but sometimes it doesn't.

ipconfig /flushdns
done this, but it has to be virgin media as my new site appears on my computer connected to any other network

tonytranupg

tonytranupg

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

my new site appears on my computer connected to any other network

I don't understand this part, can you explain a bit further?