Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

advice on new tablet

• Please log in to reply

Alan53

Alan53

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Hi I am looking for a new 10" tablet for my 6 year old grand daughter as her nexus10 is on its way out, I have been looking at two a Lenovo and a Samsung,

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4447267

http://www.currys.co...148587-pdt.html

Any advice would be appreciated.

regards. Alan.

Advertisements

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts

Hi Alan53,

Is £199.99 the most you are willing to pay? Becuase if not there are certainly better ones out there than these two.

Between these two (which have very similar specs) I would recommend the Samsung because Samsung is Samsung...

If you are just looking for the cheapest you can got for a decent device, take a look on this Asus http://www.currys.co...146810-pdt.htmlis has similar specs to the two you linked and is much cheaper.

Alan53

Alan53

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Hi Yisroel thanks for answering a giving me  your  advice, I could maybe stretch  to £260 if that is any help if not I think it will be the Samsung I did find out the Samsung has a 2year Guarantee and the Lenova has just a 1 year Guarantee, but if you could come up with any other ones I would  appreciate  it.  

regards Alan.

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts

I was having in mind the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and the Google Pixel C, but they are much more expensive, so they are out of the question. THerfore the Samsung would probably the way to go.

Alan53

Alan53

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Yes I looked at the pixel it would be nice, it's  a shame  they stopped the nexus range as I am a fan of their  phones and tablets and still use the nexus 5x, anyway the Samsung it is thanks for your advice and help.

regards Alan.

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts
If you are a fan of the Google line you may consider the Nexus 9. It is a bit older than is the Galaxy Tab A but not very old, and with similar specs. It seems to be available for below £270.

Alan53

Alan53

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
No I think I will stick to the Samsung even though it has now went backup in price, at least with the 2year guarantee I will have some piece of mind. Thank you again regards Alan.

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts

even though it has now went backup in price

You can still have it for £199.99 http://www.ebay.co.u...0-/112106215627, the seller is the same Currys PC World.

Alan53

Alan53

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Hi Yisroel thanks for that piece of advice but I had already ordered it from the online Curry, but I might give them a call tomorrow and see what they say, they say online that they will price match but I don't know if that will work as they are the same company. I tried but was told they don't price match with eBay, even though it was the same company, I could return it and reorder it from eBay or just accept the £30 loss, as I have the new tablet in front of me I don't Know what to do.  I kept it. 

regards and thanks.       Alan

Edited by Alan53, 24 February 2017 - 11:51 AM.