Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Motorola Moto E (2nd generation)

• Please log in to reply

john god

john god

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Hello,

I have a Moto E (2nd Generation) with 4G LTE  Version 5.1

I'm trying to find out how I can block numbers after they call me.

I get calls about winning a vacation,how to lower my credit card interest rates,etc.

I blocked numbers last year, but now can't remember how.

Any help, i would be thankful.

Thanks,

John

Advertisements

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts

I'm not sure what method you used in the past but here are some solutions.

The easiest would probably be to use an app specially for stuff like this. A popular one is Mr. Number.

Not sure if your phone has this, but on some Androids, you can do in in the Phone app: Tap the more options icon (more-options-3-dots-2-10x10.png) next to the microphone. Then, select Settings > Call Blocking and add the number you want to block. You can also go to Call history or Recent calls and tap the number you want to block, then select Block. Here, you can also Report call as spam.

On other phones you can from the call log, you can disable incoming calls from specific numbers. Select the number you want to block, then hit More or the 3-dot menu icon in the upper right corner and choose Add to reject list. This will disable incoming calls from specific numbers.

john god

john god

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Thanks for your input. This might of been on a different phone.

I may have to use a phone app.