Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Important whatsapp message missing

• Please log in to reply

ticotico

ticotico

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys

Without going into the personal reasons for needing this information I very much need to know why a whatsapp message thread which I had sent a message to moments before the other whatsapp user blocked me randomly disappeared. I wanted to be able to show somebody the message as a matter of honour and now they believe that

A: I deleted the message purposefully myself

B: that I didn't want them to know the content.

On my part I desperately wanted to be able to show the message as they would have approved of it.

They want me to admit to lying and say I'd deleted it on purpose but I'd be lying if I said I had deleted it.

I sent it very late evening Monday Feb 21st

I erased this contact from my call list either before or after. I can't remember which and I wander if this has anything to do with it. Their number is now greyed out in my whatsapp contacts list.

This issue is causing me massive problems with my relationship with a certain person and I need to know the logical explanation for this because when I went to re-read the message I freaked out not being able to find it knowing that I would have to.

Please help with:

A: explaining why this message disappeared. I need to prove I did not delete it.

B: advising on ways to retrieve it.

Best
Kieran

Advertisements

Makko

Makko

Freshman

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

It may be possible to recover the message using some software. Please see here: https://www.whatsapp...eneral/21197296

If you need more support on recovery please let me know what phone you are using.