Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I have a problem due to me watching a video (Resolved).

Best Answer Perkypetal , 25 February 2017 - 08:52 PM

Thanks for the help i managed to work out what the problem was. I was just looking around on device manager and i managed to download the drivers for my graphics card and now it works perfectly aga... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Perkypetal

Perkypetal

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

CS:GO doesn't want to load up anymore due to this and every other game i load for example GTA V and Euro Truck Simulator 2 has terrible fps (1-5fps). This was the video i watched  Now i've looked in the device manager and my graphics card doesn't appear there anymore which it did before. I haven't touched the graphics card at all and it is still in my computer however it does not show up in the device manager. My graphics card is a Gigabyte Nvidia GTX1060 6GB. I have tried to update the drivers and every time i try it fails and doesn't install the lastest drivers. I was wondering if anyone had any clue on how i can get my games to play at the fps from before and whether or not it's a simple fix. I also missed the cc cleaner app due to it not wanting to install onto my PC, I am running on windows 10.

Thanks

Edited by Perkypetal, 25 February 2017 - 01:40 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,750 posts

Are you saying that simply watching the video has hosed your computer or have you actually downloaded or tweaked something that has messed things up.

Perkypetal

Perkypetal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I have downloaded the things that he's told me to and i've done exactly what he's said and now my CS:GO won't load and the other games will but they run at extremely low fps.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,750 posts

Do you have a system restore point that is before you made the changes.

Press and hold (or right-click) the Start  button, and then select Control Panel.
Search Control Panel for Recovery.
Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
Choose any appropriate restore point that may be available and then select Next > Finish.

Perkypetal

Perkypetal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I did as you said and tried to restore my system however it didn't work and said it failed due to an unknown error.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,750 posts

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

Perkypetal

Perkypetal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Ok i will do this once the system restore is finished. I decided to give it another go because the first one may've crashed or something. thanks for the help

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,750 posts

Didn't have time to watch the full 20 minute video at your link so skimmed through it, am I mistaken or did it have you make changes to the registry.

Perkypetal

Perkypetal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

yes it did

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,750 posts

That may very well explain your problems with both the poor performance and the restore point failure, need to see how this attempt goes for now.

Advertisements

Perkypetal

Perkypetal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

yeah it failed once again shall i download that app or not? once again thanks for doing this

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,750 posts

Aye post the Speccy url for us as what you may need to do next will take you a while and I will be going offline shortly.

You are welcome btw  :)

Perkypetal

Perkypetal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

So i've downloaded this app and it tells me all of the specs of my PC. What shall i do next?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,750 posts

See attachment;

Perkypetal

Perkypetal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

i do not have a link, i have downloaded the app speccy and it shows me it on the app.