Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I have a problem due to me watching a video (Resolved).

Best Answer Perkypetal , 25 February 2017 - 08:52 PM

Thanks for the help i managed to work out what the problem was. I was just looking around on device manager and i managed to download the drivers for my graphics card and now it works perfectly aga... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 21,382 posts

I never ask for the log to be uploaded as it will contain the product key for Windows, posting the url as detailed below ensures that no personal information is displayed;

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

Advertisements

Perkypetal

Perkypetal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

http://speccy.pirifo...I7lSa0hkkhLQxnYis this the link

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 21,382 posts

Any idea why you have AMD drivers installed, see below that I have highlighted in red;

Machine Variables
AMDAPPSDKROOT: C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\
ComSpec: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
FP_NO_HOST_CHECK: NO
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS: 4
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer Chroma SDK\bin
C:\Program Files\Razer Chroma SDK\bin
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common
C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath
C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64
C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\
C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\
C:\WINDOWS\system32
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Management Engine Components\DAL
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Management Engine Components\IPT
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel Management Engine Components\DAL
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel Management Engine Components\IPT
C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static

Anything ATI or AMD needs to be cleared from your computer to avoid driver conflicts.

A clue that all is not well is the following from your OP;

I haven't touched the graphics card at all and it is still in my computer however it does not show up in the device manager. 

When an add on video card is detected by the BIOS the integrated video ports are disabled by default, this even if the add on video card is not working, this can be overridden in some MBs BIOS settings and being that you have not removed the card but are getting a display from the onboard video ports it would suggest that this may have happened here, to check this possibility, restart and go into the BIOS then restore the MBs default factory settings, save the settings, shut down, connect to the add on video card, restart to test.

Going offline now so will leave you to do the following as well;

Download then run the Windows All in One Repair (free)  from here, disregard the malware guidance but follow the other steps to the letter and in particular ensuring that you first create a new restore point and perform a proper Windows clean boot before running the repair, details for the clean boot here.

Perkypetal

Perkypetal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

i used to own an AMD HD6670 and then swapped it out for a GTX 1060 6GB so that's why the AMD drivers are there and i just haven't deleted them.

Perkypetal

Perkypetal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

It says that i have to pay for the problems to be solved do you know a free service that i could use?

Perkypetal

Perkypetal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
✓  Best Answer

Thanks for the help i managed to work out what the problem was. I was just looking around on device manager and i managed to download the drivers for my graphics card and now it works perfectly again. I also watched the video and deleted anything i had downloaded to avoid this happening again. I was just wondering 1 more thing, would it be okay to do a disc cleanup or use the ccleaner to do this or shall i just leave it alone? And thanks for the help and you guys provide a great service, keep doing what you're doing. I will definitely come back if i have any issues in the future. =D

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 21,382 posts
It says that i have to pay for the problems to be solved do you know a free service that i could use?

There is a free and a Pro version, you would only have needed to use the link to the free option.

That is good news and thank you for letting us know that all is now well  :thumbsup:

Use CCleaner by all means but steer clear of anything registry related and if not done remove all traces of the previous AMD video card drivers, use Display Driver Uninstaller DDU for this.

You are welcome btw  :)