Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop to TV Wireless Setup Help

smarttv wireless projection HDTV

• Please log in to reply

Jamezstrickland

Jamezstrickland

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Currently working on a project for my church to replace the old projector with a large flat screen TV for worship songs, announcements, etc. The pastor really wants everything to connect wirelessly but I'm not sure if what he wants can be done without wires. Here's what we want:

We want to connect a laptop to a HDTV wirelessly. I would be using it to extend the display, not just mirror the laptop. This TV will be in the front of the sanctuary for the audiences while a second tv would be on the back wall for the worship band/singers. I want these two tvs to mirror each other. Is this possible? Can I extend my laptop display wirelessly to two different TVs, having both TVs showing the same screen? The church has no internet connectivity, so anything that requires internet won't work. I am not sure if all this can be done, and I've been doing research on it, having no luck so far.

If this is not possible what about a VGA connection (the distance is too far for HDMI)? Could I attach a VGA splitter to the laptop, and run two VGAs to each TV, achieving the same aforementioned goal? Also, what TV would satisfy this goal the best? We're thinking about a 70in, and I've been looking into smart tvs. What hardware will and will not work if either of the above plans will?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Recommendations for specific tvs that would work best with what we need would be nice too. Thanks!

Advertisements

UnloosedCake

UnloosedCake

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Check this thread here, it might provide some help. Most suggestions I've found revolve around strictly Samsung products, as the newer ones come with builtin mirroring. One alternative is to have a wall plug wherever the laptop is going to reside, and run cables to the TVs under the floor/walls/ceiling so it gives the appearance of not being wired.