Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer slow after being left running for hours

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

ChevyFan

ChevyFan

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello,

I have a question that hopefully I can get answered on here!

I have a pretty decent computer system

Here are my specs

Core  i7 2600 CPU

GTX 970 GPU

16 GB Ram

(plenty of HD space)

My computer is pretty snappy (Thanks to Process Lasso) BUT, I notice that if I leave my computer running when I go to bed, when I wake up in the morning and start to use the computer

it seems like everything goes so slow for the first couple of minutes..

So I'm wondering..why would my computer be slow after not using it for a while?

I have HD Spindown disabled, and I don't use Hiberboost or anything like that.. I make sure that my PC is defragged often as well..

I also have Superfetch, and Prefetch disabled, and Windows Search. as well as some other uncesseary services..

I'm not new to computers, been using them for a while, and I have been experiencing this for YEARS, but just sort of accepted it as the "Will of the Gods"...but I've just finally now had enough of it, lol

So what exactly can I do to stop this from happening?!

And yes, I know I should stop being a cave man and get an SSD, which I plan on doing soon, but in the meantime, what can I do?

Thank you!

- David

Advertisements

tonytranupg

tonytranupg

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Can you open up Task Manager and check whether any apps or system processes are hogging your CPU resource?