Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP PC stuck restarting

- - - - -

Best Answer Ztruker , 10 March 2017 - 08:26 PM

About all you can do is press and hold the power button until the PC turns off, then say a prayer (if so inclined) and power up and hope all is well. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

wayneman50

wayneman50

• PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
My PC was not recognizing flash drives that I inserted into the USB ports. There was nothing wrong with the flash drives. I ran the fix hardware problems routine which didn't fix the problem. Then I started uninstalling the device drivers for the USB ports with the idea that when I rebooted the most up-to-date drivers would install. The PC got stuck on one uninstall which was taking over an hour. So I did a restart of my PC. Now my screen has been stuck showing Restarting for several hours. What can I do?

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
✓  Best Answer

About all you can do is press and hold the power button until the PC turns off, then say a prayer (if so inclined) and power up and hope all is well.

tonytranupg

tonytranupg

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

My PC was not recognizing flash drives that I inserted into the USB ports. There was nothing wrong with the flash drives. I ran the fix hardware problems routine which didn't fix the problem. Then I started uninstalling the device drivers for the USB ports with the idea that when I rebooted the most up-to-date drivers would install. The PC got stuck on one uninstall which was taking over an hour. So I did a restart of my PC. Now my screen has been stuck showing Restarting for several hours. What can I do?

Can you determine that it's a loop of a blue screen of death error or normal restart loop?

wayneman50

wayneman50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

It was the normal restart loop. I followed Ztruker's advice and powered off, said a prayer, and powered back on. Everything came up fine and the USB ports now recognize my flash drives. You may close this topic. Thanks folks!