Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need to clean up my PC from various virus

Antivirus Malware Protection PC Security

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

JacobJohnson

JacobJohnson

• Pip
  • 1 posts

From few day's my PC's running a bit slow currently I'm not using any Antivirus but i thing that'll help me to sort out this problem so please suggest me any security antivirus to clean up my device.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,085 posts
Hi! My name is zep516 and Welcome to Geekstogo!
I'll do the best I can to resolve your computer issue
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, don't continue Stop and ask! Never be afraid to ask questions! :)

Please download and install an Anti Virus and run a scan with it then we can help

Here's a link for Microsoft Security essentials below:
https://www.microsof...ls.aspx?id=5201

Then do this:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
  • Please copy and paste log back here.
  • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,085 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.