Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 freezing/crashing that cannot be fixed! (Resolved).

- - - - - tech preview

Best Answer phillpower2 , 22 March 2017 - 09:18 AM

Glad we could help and thanks for letting us know that you no longer need assistance   You are welcome btw  Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Pcgamer402

Pcgamer402

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Ok is that all i need to do to fix it?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

The CPU overheating is all that we can see in your screenshots so hopefully one of the two suggested steps will resolve the issue, there is a but though, depending on how long you have had this problem one or more of your hardware components may have been damaged by the heat.

Something else that you should check is that the thermal shutdown trigger has not been disabled in the MBs BIOS, the computer should automatically shut down if the temp reaches 62.2°C when not OCing and 71°C when OCing, your temps are shown to be way passed that and your CPU is basically frying.

Going offline now but will check back asap tomorrow day UK time. 

Pcgamer402

Pcgamer402

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Ok. Ill try. If it doesnt work how else can i contact you

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

No problem and any questions along the way please ask.

Pcgamer402

Pcgamer402

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Proud to say i just ordered some 5 star thermal paste and a new hyper 212 evo with red leds. 2 day shipping on the 212 evo and the thermal paste should get here on the 22nd. Very excited and do you think this will work?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

As long as the voltages to the CPU are correct (they do look ok) and you clean off the and apply the new thermal compound correctly you should see a marked improvement in the temps, for convenience the link to the thermal compound removal and application guide is here

Please keep in mind that the previous overheating may have damaged your hardware and to check the CPUs thermal cut off point in the BIOS.

Pcgamer402

Pcgamer402

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Is there a way to check if it is damaged?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

You will know as soon as the new cooler has been correctly fitted, if the temps drop but you still have issues the hardware could be damaged.

check the CPUs thermal cut off point in the BIOS.

Have you done this yet.

Pcgamer402

Pcgamer402

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
No sorry i have been gone all day. Im about to get home. What would be the temperature that it would become damaged?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
What would be the temperature that it would become damaged? 

As post in my reply #17;

Something else that you should check is that the thermal shutdown trigger has not been disabled in the MBs BIOS, the computer should automatically shut down if the temp reaches 62.2°C when not OCing and 71°C when OCing,

Continually exceeding any recommended temperatures will damage the hardware, some reading for you here and here

Advertisements

Pcgamer402

Pcgamer402

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Do you think the freezing is the way of the computer shutting down?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

No, it is a sign that something is locking up.

Shutting down would either result in a BSOD or the computer powering down without warning and you getting a Windows did not shutdown correctly message when you next start up the computer.

Pcgamer402

Pcgamer402

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Ok i hope it is not damaged. I will tell you when the new fan is installed

Pcgamer402

Pcgamer402

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Happy to say i installed the fan with no issues. The temps have gone all the way down to the 40s and stay constant 35-40 degrees. About to try a game. Ill tell you the result when i am done.

Pcgamer402

Pcgamer402

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Just had a freeze after a few minutes of startup. I didnt know if i should put thermal paste on the cpu and fan, so i only did fan. I am going to see if it works when i put thermal paste on the cpu and fan