Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware Bytes program keeps bringing up blocked website notices consta

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

betsym

betsym

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

My Malware Bytes Pro program just started  popping up blocked website notices constantly. I ran both the Malware Bytes and my Windows Defender anti-virus program and both said I was virus free and free of threats so it doesn't seem to be an infection but I can't be sure. Please help!

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hi! My name is zep516 and Welcome to Geekstogo!
I'll do the best I can to resolve your computer issue
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, don't continue Stop and ask! Never be afraid to ask questions! :)

Please note:

Frequently, when using a peer-to-peer (P2P) program (uTorrent, Vuze, Filezilla, etc.) you may see notifications that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has blocked access to a potentially malicious website.

This is normal and occurs because P2P applications connect to a wide variety of IP addresses, which often include IP addresses known for hosting malicious content

Lets take a closer look at things:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
  • Please copy and paste log back here.
  • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I ran the reports but CAN'T paste them!!!!! I tried it the way its usually done, select text, copy, then paste here but the paste option was greyed out! How in the heck can I get them to you??? When this started happening with the pop-ups, I wasn't on any P2P sharing websites or anything but was using youtube.....

Edited by betsym, 17 March 2017 - 01:08 AM.

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I remembered that I updated my MP4 Downloader Pro and that when I clicked "run" I got a message saying that running the .exe  file could harm my computer and that it had an unsigned publisher or something. I ran it anyway because the company is Tomabo MP4 that I purchased it from and it was them informing me of an upgrade....

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

I ran the reports but CAN'T paste them!!!!! I tried it the way its usually done, select text, copy, then paste here but the paste option was greyed out! How in the heck can I get them to you???

In the reply box at the very top left there's a little icon of a light switch, click it and the see if the reports will paste in after doing that.

If that does not work
You can try to attach the reports
How to attach a file:
  • Below the Reply to this topic box, click on More Reply Options button.
  • Scroll down and click on Browse button.
  • Navigate to where the file is that you want to attach
  • Click on the file then click the Open button.
  • Click the Attach This File button.
  • Click Add Reply button once you have completed your post and are ready to submit.

Thanks
    Joe

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Okay I attached them below.

Attached Files

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

No Malware is present. There are several old Anti virus files present AVG, Comodo, and Avira the we can get rid of and just a bit of cleaning up some orphaned entries.

A few items to fix

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad).
Copy/Paste the contents of the code box below into Notepad.

start
CloseProcesses:
CreateRestorePoint:
Task: {5F91123E-6FA2-4919-A141-47C58554A7A7} - System32\Tasks\MasterSeeker.UACBypass.d672e9b0175dd51abe22b3f9d8db0478 => C:\Users\Betsy\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_MasterSeeker1.5.1.zip\MasterSeeker.exe [2016-08-09] (DxCK) <==== ATTENTION
Task: {6550A84D-1CB6-40D0-89B4-E4A20AA53367} - \SUPERAntiSpyware Scheduled Task 94e38eca-7229-4ad1-935e-75b43ae23839 -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {94AC0217-BDFB-44DB-AE3D-4A8F11D97168} - \SUPERAntiSpyware Scheduled Task f372dc70-af40-42ef-867b-e27053405cdf -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Shortcut: C:\Users\Betsy\Old Drive\Desktop\Downloaded computer games\Alice 3.lnk -> C:\Program Files\Alice3\Alice3.bat (No File)
Shortcut: C:\Users\Betsy\Old Drive\Desktop\Downloaded computer games\Play The 11th Hour (2).lnk -> C:\Program Files (x86)\DotEmu\The 11th Hour\11th_Hour.bat (No File)
Shortcut: C:\Users\Betsy\Old Drive\Desktop\Downloaded computer games\Play The 11th Hour.lnk -> C:\Program Files (x86)\DotEmu\The 11th Hour\11th_Hour.bat (No File)
Shortcut: C:\Users\Betsy\Old Drive\Desktop\Downloaded computer games\Play The 7th Guest (2).lnk -> C:\Program Files (x86)\DotEmu\The 7th Guest\The_7th_Guest.bat (No File)
Shortcut: C:\Users\Betsy\Old Drive\Desktop\Downloaded computer games\Play The 7th Guest.lnk -> C:\Program Files (x86)\DotEmu\The 7th Guest\The_7th_Guest.bat (No File)
Shortcut: C:\Users\Betsy\AppData\Local\6961d\16184.lnk -> C:\Users\Betsy\AppData\Local\6961d\690e5.bat (No File)
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:04EAB86F [219]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:0B79AB8D [458]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:120B3AFD [228]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:123A86B5 [470]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:1345C9DC [458]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:14898D5B [172]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:1C201DEB [436]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:2CB9631F [134]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:437B1C75 [181]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:45912F61 [400]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:4A8EB1C4 [432]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:4A906D4A [450]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:4B6A9FDA [163]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:7485F466 [223]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:7687A3E3 [176]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:7BFFC6A9 [246]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:7FA0D639 [188]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:9EC390E9 [248]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:E6708F08 [438]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:F512B2D9 [500]
FirewallRules: [{AC6A0E88-915F-4BB6-A6C3-60F52292BB9C}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Av\avgdiagex.exe
FirewallRules: [{1C84F57B-E217-4DAC-9125-8E7768A1B314}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Av\avgdiagex.exe
FirewallRules: [{0F387565-59FD-4564-A421-3FEF7B8AD44C}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Av\avgemca.exe
FirewallRules: [{735F521E-5EBA-4201-99F9-E3D30D0C15D3}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Av\avgemca.exe
(COMODO) C:\Program Files (x86)\COMODO\Internet Security Essentials\vkise.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\COMODO\Internet Security Essentials
(COMODO) C:\Program Files (x86)\COMODO\Internet Security Essentials\isesrv.exe
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [IseUI] => C:\Program Files (x86)\COMODO\Internet Security Essentials\vkise.exe [3386568 2016-12-05] (COMODO)
Handler: WSKVAllmytubechrome - {91AB862D-07B8-4A85 -  No File
S2 avgntflt; C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DRIVERS\avgntflt.sys [171752 2016-08-18] (Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG)
Emptytemp:
  • Click Format and ensure Wordwrap is unchecked.
  • Save as Fixlist.txt to your Desktop (Must be in this location)
  • Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If the tool needed a restart please make sure you let the system to restart normally and let the tool completes its run after restart.
  • The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.
Note: If the tool warns you about the version you're using being an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

After my computer restarted, I was again bombarded with pop-ups from Malwarebytes Pros about numerous blocked websites! AND I had trouble starting my email and Internet Explorer. How can the reports say NOTHING is wrong when something clearly is???And my computer seems slower. I know that my computer is out of space and I'm deleting stuff to make room but that doesn't explain the problem with Malwarebytes.

Attached Files

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

My computer also shut down by itself and restarted.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
We recovered 6GB of space from cleaning out temp files.

Next

Please download adwCleaner to your desktop.
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.
  • Click the logfile button and the log will open in Notepad.
  • Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.
  • A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished and the PC has rebooted.
  • Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.
  • The report will be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.

Next
  • Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.
  • Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts. See Here how to disable you security protection (Anti Virus)
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.
  • Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.

Advertisements

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

AdwCleaner part is attached below.

Attached Files

Edited by betsym, 19 March 2017 - 08:18 PM.

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Junkware Removal Report is attached below. While running the Junkwaremoval tool, restore point  creation encountered an error. I think it's because there wasn't enough disc space on my computer to create a restore point. I am about to back up my computer and take a few thousand songs out of my music folder to create more space, as well as any documemts or whatever else I don't need.

Attached Files

• Attached File  JRT.txt   4.77KB   220 downloads

Edited by betsym, 19 March 2017 - 08:22 PM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Thanks let me review the logs you posted.

Next

We need to install an Anti Virus program. For now please download and install Microsoft Security Esstianals. You may change it later if you want.

https://www.microsof...ls.aspx?id=5201

Let me know when that is done.

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

What about the Malwarebytes Pro that I already have and Windows Defender that is part of Windows that already on my computer? Adding Microsoft Security Essentials could conflict with these.  Geek-to-Go  recommends Malwarebytes so is my computer NOT protected with the Windows defender and Malwarebytes Pro?

Edited by betsym, 20 March 2017 - 01:20 PM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

What about the Malwarebytes Pro that I already have and Windows Defender that is part of Windows that already on my computer? Adding Microsoft Security Essentials could
conflict with these. Geek-to-Go recommends Malwarebytes so is my computer NOT protected with the Windows defender and Malwarebytes Pro?

Windows Defender on Windows 7 is an anti-spyware software. See here. If you install Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE), by default it should disable Windows Defender since MSE includes anti-spyware detection.

You have Malwarebytes Pro V2.x installed. Malwarebytes Pro v2.x software is not an "antivirus" and was never intended to be a substitute for, nor a replacement, for an "antivirus". On the other hand, the developers of Malwarebytes recently released Malwarebytes v3.0 which is an antivirus replacement, though as with the all previous Pro versions the newly released Malwarebytes 3.0 was designed to support compatibility if you choose to use a third-party antivirus or other security software
alongside Malwarebytes 3.0.

As an existing customer, you have the opportunity to upgrade to Malwarebytes v3.0 at the same cost you paid for Malwarebytes v2.x

See here