Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Malware Bytes program keeps bringing up blocked website notices consta

• Please log in to reply

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

I've freed up 74.9 GB. I think my music is taking up a great deal of space but it's not as simple as just running a program to get rid of duplicates. Last time I did that, I ended up losing some that weren't actually duplicates. I had purchased a great many songs from iTunes in the past before realizing that I could get music from Amazon without having to then convert them into MP3 format because they came in that format, whereas iTunes songs do NOT. As I mentioned in a previous post, my hard-drive actually got duplicated itself because the guy who worked on my computer several months ago failed to tell me that he had already backed up my hard-drive and put everything back on before he brought it back. They don't always do this, or that's been my experience anyway, and of those that did, it always cost me extra to have them put it all back. Anyway, it ended up that he and I BOTH put everything back. Before that, I still had a good deal of space. Today, I am going to go into my iTunes and take out a lot more, enough to free up the necessary space and then some, as well as going into my documents and purge what I can there. Is there some way that u can look at what I have after I've done that and see if there are old system files or similar things that need to come off that only somebody like you would know about? I want to make sure that the windows update issue is fixed. It could be that you can see where some things have duplicate files that I might not be aware of. I'm going to make the computer my priority until I have the issue resolved and by that, I mean I am going to work on it 24/7.

Advertisements