Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware Bytes program keeps bringing up blocked website notices consta

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I mentioned above that I got a message saying I wasn't permitted to upload this type of file when I tried to attach it. I'll try it again and see what happens.

Advertisements

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Got the same error message when I tried to attach it again. I am beyond frustrated. I have team viewer, if that's any help. Also, I could email it to you if I had an email address for you....

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

Ok I tried it on my computer
This is a test from my computer
http://speccy.pirifo...CeIugwIYWBgFXJ0

I opened Speccy then click on file at the top, in the file menu click Publish snapshot it creates a URL, then copy the URL and paste it in to a reply

No luck there

How about up loading here

https://www.sendspace.com/

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I already tried that! I posted about it a few posts back. When I tied to attach it, I got a message saying I wasn't allowed to post that kind of material!  we need to get to the bottom of this because there are DEFINITELY things going on with my computer! Right now, though, I've got something even more important happening. When I tried opening Firefox, I got some message saying that somebody was trying to get my banking details and to call Microsoft and it gave a phone number. I immediately smelled a scam. I ran my Malwarebytes Pro and it said "no threats detected." Can you please give me a time when you will be back on the computer so we can get this looked ASAP? I would die if somebody actually got into my banking account!

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I see you are on now! I had to run a quick errand but will be back within 30-45 mins, maximum! I will get on here then.....

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
That's fine drive safe !

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

I got some message saying that somebody was trying to get my banking details and to call Microsoft and it gave a phone number. I immediately smelled a scam. I ran my Malwarebytes Pro and it said "no threats detected." Can you please give me a time when you will be back on the computer so we can get this looked ASAP? I would die if somebody actually got into my banking account!

Don't be so alarmed because it's a scare tactic designed to get you to call that number. Many people fall for it and call the number and that's when the actual malware gets installed.

The pop up can come directly from a web site. If you continue to get the pop up reset Firefox.

To do that
  • Open the Firefox browser.
  • On the address field, type in about:support and hit Enter.
  • Click Reset Firefox button.
  • A window will appear showing the details of this action.
  • Click Reset Firefox button.
    This will not remove bookmarks or personal data in Firefox

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Okay, I was on Internet Explorer initially, on the Target store website. I had been on there earlier and didn't have any problem but after a while, I couldn't scroll down to look through the merchandise. It was like it was stuck or something. So, to check and see whether it was the website itself, or the browser, I opened up the Target website in Firefox. When I went to the exact same spot I had been on in Internet Explorer, that message popped up about somebody trying to get my banking details and call Microsoft. So...... I notice that on the bottom left side of my computer screen it says, "javascript:void('Special BBCode'). I wonder if THIS has anything to do with why I can't copy & paste or attach anything on the geeks-to-go website? I hope you get back on here before tomorrow so I can go ahead and get some of these issues straightened out. I'm going to be gone for 4 days next week (Wednesday May 3-Sunday May 7) so won't be on then... Why wouldn't I be allowed to post something when trying to attach a Speccy file? If I can't copy & paste it OR attach it, then something is wrong. I haven't been able to copy & paste ANYTHING on here but almost always have to attach it but now I apparently can't do that either...Anyway, I plan to be on the computer the rest of the evening and probably into the wee hours so I'll keep checking to see if you are back on...

Edited by betsym, 28 April 2017 - 04:05 PM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Can you reset Firefox for me.

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

ok. I'll do it now. I'm back on for the next several hours....I uploaded the speccy file to the sendspace.com link you sent. It uploaded successfully. So, how do you get it from there?

Edited by betsym, 28 April 2017 - 08:11 PM.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
I need the link for sendspace, you provide the link, I click on it and view it.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
It's the download page link, click on it and it will auto copy, then come back and in a reply paste the link in like this

Example file
https://www.sendspace.com/file/mth97x

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Ok, I've reset Firefox

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
I actually think it could be this forum that may be causing you issues, attaching and pasting.

Probably should look at another set of FRST logs since it's been a while.

Do you still have FRST on the desktop ?

Looks like this

index_zpsae74eeb3.png

betsym

betsym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

it says it copied it to my clipboard, whatever that is.  I couldn't copy and paste the link because I didn't see WHAT it copied so I'm putting it in manually. here it is:  https://www.sendspace.com/file/nn6t05     You told me to delete all the tools last time so I'' have to redownload the FRST program.

Edited by betsym, 28 April 2017 - 09:00 PM.