Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer stays busy, becomes real slow, now bluescreening.

virus bluescreen

• Please log in to reply

kuma781

kuma781

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

my harrdrive stays racing still..it blue-screened last-night.. weird processes like UNC server and usbmon keep popping up

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

iusb3mon.exe    0.02    1,840 K    5,600 K    2700    iusb3mon    Intel Corporation    (Verified) Intel Corporation - Software and Firmware Products
UNCServer.exe    0.01    15,108 K    1,668 K    2248    UNCServer        (Verified) LENOVO

Assume the above are what you are seeing.  You can use Process Explorer and right click on each and Suspend and see if that helps.  If you want a more permanent solution you can search for

msconfig

hit Enter then under Startup uncheck USB3MON OK.

Then uninstall

Lenovo System Update

and reboot.

My gut feeling is that Seagate FA GoFlex Desk USB Device is at fault.  Lots of command timeouts and errors so like most Seagates it's about to fail.   As this is a USB connected drive can you live without it for a while and see if that helps with the slowdowns?

Right click on the clock and select Start Task Manager.  Then under the Performance tab, click on  resource Montior then Disk.  In the bottom window click on Total column header.

Watch it for a while.  What process is at the top of the bottom pane?  Look in the right panes.  You should see your disks.  Is it writing to C & D only or is it trying to write to the USB drive?

kuma781

kuma781

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Ok i will check thank you. The usb3mon is not listed on start up

kuma781

kuma781

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

I did all above mentioned. No usb3mon listed in start up..here's a screenshot of the resource manager..

Attached Thumbnails

• screenshot.jpg

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Looks like Backblaze is the big user of the hard drive.  Uninstall it.

kuma781

kuma781

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

ok. I did that and re-installed it. I kinda need it!!!

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

I think what is happening is that Backblaze is trying to back up your files to that bad Seagate drive and the combination of the two is killing your system.  Backblaze itself is known for heavy disk usage and the bad hard drive just makes it worse.