Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Games randomly lag

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

agamer7809

agamer7809

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Whenever I play games that have a lot of things going on, for example Diablo 3, Path of Exile or League of Legends, when it comes to massive fights, I notice that when it comes to team fights, or fighting large packs of monsters, my games freeze, and than reload a few seconds later.  This just started happening after I was having some issues with the computer as a whole prior.  It was running incredibly slow, to the point where I was getting only 50fps in LoL, where I was getting almost 400 before the problem started.  

Specs are as listed:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97-HD3 LGA 1155

CPU: Intel Core i7 -4790 3.6GHz

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2x16GB)

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 Watt 80+Gold

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Whenever I play games that have a lot of things going on, for example Diablo 3, Path of Exile or League of Legends, when it comes to massive fights, I notice that when it comes to team fights, or fighting large packs of monsters, my games freeze, and than reload a few seconds later

Not being an avid gamer I may be wrong but are the above three games not each played online, what you describe sounds like it could be ISP related, an issue that was touched upon in your previous thread where Makko made a suggestion for you, thread here

agamer7809

agamer7809

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Thank you for pointing that other thread out to me.  I completely forgot about that!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

No problem but to avoid you potentially being offered the same or any conflicting guidance it is important that you only have the one thread regarding the same issue/s.

Please continue at your original thread here and to ensure that you receive notifications to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab.

Duplicate thread closed as per the above reason.