Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer gone rogue

• Please log in to reply

Warthog01

Warthog01

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Hi

For the last month or so, my Xerox Workcentre 6015 has decided to print virtually everything in landscape and about 200%-300% magnification. My printer settings are pretty standard: A4 plain paper, auto orientation, etc etc and I don't see anything that would cause this behavior--can someone tell me what I've missed, please?

Thanks in advance

Warthog 01

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Hello Warthog01,

Check for any updates that may have installed around the time that the issue first occurred.

I would also suggest that you check for a system restore point that is before the issue first occurred, if you have one try it and see if the issue is resolved.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Not heard back from you Warthog01, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

Warthog01

Warthog01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Apologies, Phillpower2--I only received this notification today.

Not sure of the dates involved--this has happened before, but I don't use the printer daily. What kind of updates am I looking for?

The only system restore point I show is the day before I entered the topic. Worth running or not?

Thanks for your response.

Warthog

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

No problem, it can sometimes happen and that is why I make a point of asking for an update  :thumbsup:

Any kind of update can have an adverse affect I`m afraid and having only such a recent restore point may not help unless you know with certainty that things were ok up to that point.

It looks like your best bet would be to create a new system restore point then uninstall and reinstall the printer software again, I would suggest that you install the printer drivers in Safe Mode and be sure to have the printers USB cable disconnected when installing the software and only connect it when you get an onscreen prompt asking you to do so.

You are welcome btw  :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Not heard back from you Warthog01, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.