Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Fan arrangement for 1st build

• Please log in to reply

Live_Ammo

Live_Ammo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm buying a NZXT S340 elite case and I want to make sure I get everything spot on first time. Just a little stuck on Air Flow and Static Pressure fans and the variables in CFM speeds.

1. From the little I have understood would the following fans be ok or would you recommend something otherwise, especially considering airflow pressure?

Corsair Air SP120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 37.9 CFM 120mm Fans (front case air intake for kraken 52X liquid cooler) 

Corsair Air AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (top case fan exhaust)

Corsair Air AF120 Quiet Edition 39.9 CFM 120mm Fan (rear case fan exhaust)

2. The rear of the case would be facing the wall, possibly 16-20cm distance. Would this be regarded as 'obstruction of air flow' as I have read obstrusive areas are best dealt with Static pressure fans or does that only apply to super close-up obstacles such as radiators?

3. Are the selected Corsair Air series fan mounts well-designed for vibration reduction, if not, what can I buy in addition to help with anti-vibration? 

Massive thanks in advance for any advice!

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Since hot air rises, try to pull cold air in through the front and bottom (if possible) of the case and exhaust the hot air out the back and top (if possible).

16-20 cm should be sufficient.

Edited by SpywareDr, 28 March 2017 - 12:14 PM.