Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"The Requested Resource is in use" not able to run anti-virus

Malware Trojan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Gikkle

Gikkle

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Recently I've been having a problem where whenever I try to run any anti-virus or un-installer program it says "The Requested Resource is in use"

I've tried a bunch of things, like downloading Mbam Chameleon on another computer and burning it on a CD(I don't have a USB drive) and also tried downloading Windows defender online and burning it on the CD. I read multiple articles saying that if I downloaded RKill and ran that it would allow me to run an anti-virus, but it doesn't help. I've done about everything I can think of and I can't seem to get rid of the problem. I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I'd really appreciate it if you guys could help me.

Edited by Gikkle, 25 March 2017 - 06:35 PM.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hi! My name is zep516 and Welcome to Geekstogo!
I'll do the best I can to resolve your computer issue
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, don't continue Stop and ask! Never be afraid to ask questions! :)

Next
See if you can download FRST, (farbar-recovery-scan-tool) if not, try booting to safemode with networking and download from there.

4 ways to boot to safe mode with networking in windows 10.
http://www.digitalci...mode-windows-10

Then

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
  • Please copy and paste log back here.
  • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

Gikkle

Gikkle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hi! My name is zep516 and Welcome to Geekstogo!
I'll do the best I can to resolve your computer issue
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, don't continue Stop and ask! Never be afraid to ask questions! :)

Next
See if you can download FRST, (farbar-recovery-scan-tool) if not, try booting to safemode with networking and download from there.

4 ways to boot to safe mode with networking in windows 10.
http://www.digitalci...mode-windows-10

Then

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
  • Please copy and paste log back here.
  • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

Attached File  FRST.txt   132.45KB   694 downloads

Attached File  Addition.txt   37.44KB   669 downloads

Sorry for the late reply. 

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

Download the enclosed => file. Attached File  fixlist.txt   14.24KB   803 downloads Save it in the location FRST64 is. Run FRST and click on the Fix button. Wait until finished.

The tool will make a log in the location FRST is Desktop, (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

*******************************************************************************************
Run FRST again, check the Additions box and then Scan. You will get two logs. Post them both.

Gikkle

Gikkle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Attached File  Fixlog.txt   18.78KB   729 downloads

Addition and FRST after scanning again: Attached File  Addition.txt   37.31KB   636 downloads

Attached File  FRST.txt   129.74KB   593 downloads

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

Not all successful, so

Try following the instructions in the link below to see if Malwarebytes will run. It's a specialized version of Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit that can help remove these threats.

https://support.malw...97176?b_id=6400

Let me know if you get to run

Gikkle

Gikkle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hello,

Not all successful, so

Try following the instructions in the link below to see if Malwarebytes will run. It's a specialized version of Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit that can help remove these threats.

Let me know if you get to run

Nope. Didn't work. Tried scanning twice just in case, but it didn't get rid of the virus or malware that is blocking the anti-viruses. It did remove some, but didn't get the one that is keeping anti-viruses from opening.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,
This is a difficult virus to remove so hang in there as we try a few things.

Do you have the malwarebytes log? go back in the mbar folder and look for a text file called mbar-log-TODAY'S-DATE.txt;

Next

Boot the computer to safemode and run this fix in the safe mode. Lets see if any luck there

Download the enclosed => file. Attached File  fixlist.txt   2.27KB   679 downloads Save it in the location FRST64 is. Run FRST and click on the Fix button. Wait until finished.

The tool will make a log in the location FRST is Desktop, (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

*******************************************************************************************
Run FRST again, check the Additions box and then Scan. You will get two logs. Post them both.

Gikkle

Gikkle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Here are the mbar scan logs:

First scan: Attached File  mbar-log-2017-03-27 (21-16-12).txt   5.3KB   636 downloads

Second scan: Attached File  mbar-log-2017-03-27 (22-08-10).txt   2.07KB   617 downloads

I will not be able to reply anymore today, I will post the rest tomorrow. Thanks for all the help you've been giving me.

Edited by Gikkle, 27 March 2017 - 09:54 PM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
OK. You're welcome.

Do this first thing Tomorrow

go to start search and type:- cmd, right click on the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt type or (copy paste) the text in the code box

echo > 0 & tasklist /v >> 0 & net start >> 0 & notepad 0
(press enter)
Post the notepad outcome here please (all of it).

I'm looking for these files running

svcvmx.exe
dataup.exe
cpx.exe

May be late getting on line today after 4pm perhaps sooner...

Advertisements

Gikkle

Gikkle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

OK. You're welcome.

Do this first thing Tomorrow

go to start search and type:- cmd, right click on the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt type or (copy paste) the text in the code box

echo > 0 & tasklist /v >> 0 & net start >> 0 & notepad 0
(press enter)
Post the notepad outcome here please (all of it).

I'm looking for these files running

svcvmx.exe
dataup.exe
cpx.exe

May be late getting on line today after 4pm perhaps sooner...

Here are the things you asked for:

cmd note pad - Attached File  0.txt   19.64KB   638 downloads

fixlog - Attached File  Fixlog.txt   7.91KB   613 downloads

FRST and Addition after scanning post fix - Attached File  FRST.txt   128.56KB   599 downloads

Attached File  Addition.txt   34.34KB   637 downloads

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

Maybe some good news..

Malwarebytes has been updated, please delete your previous copy and follow these instructions again and post the log file

Gikkle

Gikkle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hello,

Maybe some good news..

Malwarebytes has been updated, please delete your previous copy and follow these instructions again and post the log file

After running that it found(And removed) the virus that was keeping me from opening anti-viruses. Thank you so much for all you help, I really appreciate it.

Edited by Gikkle, 28 March 2017 - 07:25 PM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

Can you post the log file from malwarebytes, you can paste it in no need to attach logs

Do you have the free version of malwarebytes installed, if so please run it now, if not please follow along

• Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup-version.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, you will be prompted to download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Scan now. Or select the Threat Scan from the Scan menu.
  • When the scan is complete , make sure that that all Threats are selected, and click Remove Selected.
  • Reboot your computer if prompted.

Posting the Malwarebytes log.

• After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.
  • Click on the History tab > Application Logs.
  • Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
  • Click 'Export'.
  • Click 'Text file (*.txt)'
  • In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.
  • In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.
  • A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".
  • Click Ok
  • post that saved log to your next reply.

Gikkle

Gikkle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Can you post the log file from malwarebytes, you can paste it in no need to attach logs

Do you have the free version of malwarebytes installed, if so please run it now, if not please follow along

• Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup-version.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, you will be prompted to download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Scan now. Or select the Threat Scan from the Scan menu.
  • When the scan is complete , make sure that that all Threats are selected, and click Remove Selected.
  • Reboot your computer if prompted.

Posting the Malwarebytes log.

• After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.
  • Click on the History tab > Application Logs.
  • Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
  • Click 'Export'.
  • Click 'Text file (*.txt)'
  • In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.
  • In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.
  • A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".
  • Click Ok
  • post that saved log to your next reply.

I have 2 logs from the same day so I'll just post them both.

Attached File  Scanreport.txt   36bytes   617 downloads

Attached File  Scanreport2.txt   1.06KB   608 downloads