Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All Network adapters have a yellow triangle

• Please log in to reply

Felivaro

Felivaro

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello, i'm having problems with my network adapters, when i turned on my pc i wasn't able to connect to internet, normally i use a wireless usb adapter, thinking the problem may be it, i switched to a ethernet cable, but my pc doesn't recognised it, I checked device manager and all my network adapters have a yellow triangles, can someone help me ? My OS is windows 7 ultimate 64 bits, i apologise for any mystake in my writting, English is not my first language

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

You might try a System Restore to a time when things worked.  https://www.howtogee...system-restore/

Do you know what network adapters you are supposed to have?  You might be able to use one of the drivers that Windows knows:

Right click on the network Adapter and Update Driver Software

Browse My Computer...

Let me Pick ...

IF windows knows what to use then you can select that and Next or you can uncheck

Show Compatible Hardware then select the maker in the first column then look for a device driver  which might work in the 2nd column.

Alternatively you can click on Have Disk and then change it from A: to whatever it has for C:.  On mine it takes me to a Program Files\Realtek folder which has a .inf file.

If that doesn't work we can do it the hard way:

Right click on Computer and select Manage and then Device Manager then View, Show Hidden Drivers.  Now look in the right pane for yellow flagged devices.  Right click on one and select properties then click on the Details tab.  Change Property to Hardware IDs.  Click on the top one then right click and copy.  Paste that into a reply.  Repeat for all yellow flagged devices.

You will probably have to copy the top line of each manually. 

Felivaro

Felivaro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thank you so much for the fast reply, I tried a system restore and the issue remains, I've tried the Nextel step and it didn't work, it says " invalid access to memory location", so here is the copied text from the adapters

USB\VID_2001&PID_3C22&REV_0101

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8139&SUBSYS_813910EC&REV_10

taphss6

PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_1048&SUBSYS_82261043&REV_B0

root\EvolveVirtualAdapter

*TEREDO

ms_ndiswanip

ms_ndiswanipv6

ms_ndiswanbh

Also I noticed that for most adapters un the device status in the general tan says: "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the driver required for this device. (Conde 31)"

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

OK the three network adapters are:

D-Link DWA-132 Wireless N USB Adapter

Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC Driver

Atheros L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Controller

The error you are getting tells me you may have had a sector go bad on the hard drive.

Let's have windows check the drive:

1. Double-click  Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check. C:
2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.
3. Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed,
4. Check both boxes and then click Start.
You will receive the following message:
The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?
Click Yes to schedule the disk check.

When you reboot the disk check should start and will take several hours to complete.  Once it reboots:

Start, All Programs, Accessories then right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.  Then type (with an Enter after the line).

sfc /scannow

(SPACE after sfc.  This will check your critical system files. Does this finish without complaint? )

If your network drivers are still not available then try:

Go in to Device manager and right click on each of the three identified above and uninstall.  If it asks you to rmove the drivers tell it NO.

Reboot.

If this doesn't help then tell me the make and model of your PC.  We will have to get the drivers from the PC maker or from the adapter makers and move them to your PC on a USB drive.

Felivaro

Felivaro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello again!, Thank you so much for your time and patience.

I did the disk check and the sfc scan, at the end it said: "Windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them, details are included in the cbs.log windir\logs\cbs\cbs.log.

I've proceeded to uninstall the adapters and reboot the PC but sadly did not make the trick, right now the device status for the adapters are: "This device is not configurated correctly. (Code 1). Invalid access to memory location"

I do not know the model of the PC, my brother gave it to me long time ago, but the specs are:

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 ultimate (64-bit) service pack 1

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E6550 @2.33GHz

Mainboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC.-P5KC

Videocard: ATI Radeon HD 4800 series

This PC is so old that maybe your eyes will bleed out reading this, thank you again for all the help.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Repeat the SFC command as the CBD log tends to purge if it's been too long:

Start, All Programs, Accessories then right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.  Then type (with an Enter after each line).
sfc  /scannow

(This will check your critical system files. Does this finish without complaint?  IF it says it couldn't fix everything then:

Copy the next two lines (or type them carefully with an Enter after each line):

findstr  /c:"[SR]"  \windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log  >  \windows\logs\cbs\junk.txt 
notepad  \windows\logs\cbs\junk.txt 
Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator, Continue.  Right click and Paste or Edit then Paste and the copied line should appear.
Hit Enter. Copy and paste the text from notepad or if it is too big, just attach the file.)

Felivaro

Felivaro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
This time when i did the sfc scan it said that "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Let's look in the most common folders associated with drivers to see if we can write to them:

Open an elevated Command Prompt

(Start, All Programs, Accessories then right click on Command Prompt and Run As Admin.)

(The prompt should say C:\Windows\System32> )

Type:

mkdir  junk

When you hit Enter the prompt should return without an error.  Does it?

rmdir  junk

cd  drivers

Hit Enter

(The prompt should say C:\Windows\System32\Drivers> )

Type:
mkdir  junk

rmdir  junk

cd  \windows\inf

(When you hit Enter the prompt should change to C:\windows\inf> )

Type:
mkdir  junk

rmdir  junk

Felivaro

Felivaro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
All prompts return without an error

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Open Computer and right click on C: and select Properties.  How big is the drive and how much free space does it have?

Could something have changed in the BIOS?  I looked through a bunch of post on your 'Invalid access to memory location' error and the only one which really fixed the problem went in to the BIOS and turned on the builtin networking.

Advertisements

Felivaro

Felivaro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
The capacity off the c drive is 148 GB, and has 13 GB of free space
I'm not aware if something might changed in the BIOS

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Is the clock correct?  Sometimes the 3 v battery dies and the BIOS settings and clock get lost. 

Reboot and go in to the BIOS setup.  It will usually tell you which key to press when you see the PC logo.  Poke around and write down  the settings on each page then try setting the BIOS to default Save & Exit.

Do you have a USB drive and access to another computer so you can transfer files back and forth?

Felivaro

Felivaro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Will check it up as soon as i can, thank you so much again for all the help

Felivaro

Felivaro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Main
-The system time as the date is correct
System information: Asus BIOS, version 1001
-SATA configuration: SATA configuration, enhanced
Configure SATA as: IDE
Hard disk write protect:disabled

Advanced:
-Jumperfree configuration: all in auto
-Ai net 2: Atheros post check LAN cable: disabled
-usb configuration: all enabled except port 64/60 emulación
-Configure advanced CPU settings: CPU ratio setting: auto, max cpuid value limit: disabled, the rest is enabled
-Onboard device configuration: all enabled except for LAN option ROM, disabled
-PciPnP: plug and play o/s: no

Power
Suspend mode: auto
Repost video on s3 resume : disabled
Acpi version: disabled
Acpi apic support: enabled

Yes i do have some USB

Edited by Felivaro, 27 March 2017 - 06:11 PM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Try changing: -Ai net 2: Atheros post check LAN cable: to Enabled.  Does that change anything?  I found one post where they changed it to enabled and it helped but it really shouldn't do anything.

Did you try setting the BIOS to Default?

Can you look on the back or bottom of your PC and see if there is a part number?  That would help find the right drivers.