Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

frequent reboots or shut offs while using computer (continued)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

robirdman

robirdman

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

This is a new posting, but a continuation of one of the same name that dried up and generated no more responses.  I had followed the suggestions and ordered a new power supply.  but it took quite a while for me to get my nephew in law to install and make all the connections.  As soon as that was done, I updated the status, but there were no more responses, probably assuming, incorrectly that I had not bothered to follow up.

Anyway, it did not solve the problem, as I said in the last post.  Yesterday it shut off twice while I was in Photoshop Bridge. Then it was stuck for an inordinately long time before it would display more than about 10 images in a folder that had more than 100.

While in Cubase music recording program, sometimes a playing song, just stops, or the track keeps playing but the sound stops for a while.  This has been ongoing ever since my last reply in the old post, but periodic checks showed no more followups.

I appreciated the help, never get notifications of any responses, despite setting preferences so that I should, and always have to sign in and find the post to find there is no new entry.  As I said, I responded as soon as the suggestion to get a new power supply and install was actually done, but help stopped.

Advertisements

robirdman

robirdman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

http://www.geekstogo...computer/page-2

robirdman

robirdman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

I fianally got someone to apply thremal paste and he said the the processor wasn't even solidly attached.  I then had a 9 hour day with no problems.  but then I started having spontaneous reboots again, and trying to export a video in Premiere Pro seems to be sure to cause a reboot.  the last 4 efforts resulted in that and never being able to finish the export, apparently highly energy demanding.