Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recently Noisy Fan (or) Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply

DJB68

DJB68

• Pip
  • 5 posts
My 3 year old Dell Latitude 810 has started to be very noisy lately. I honestly can't tell if it's the fan or the hard drive, but it's cycling every 2-3 seconds and runs for 2-5 seconds. Typically I have nothing other than my browser open, so I shouldn't be taxing the hard drive.

Everything operates just fine. But this recent and near constant noise is not only annoying, it has me worried this old Dell is about to give up the ghost.

Can someone tell me what this might be, if I can fix it, and if so, how? My Dell warranty has run its course.

Thanks!

Edited by DJB68, 17 June 2005 - 02:59 PM.

Advertisements

Chumara

Chumara

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
well try opening the case and awiting for the noise again and figure out exactly which thing is making the noise and if itsthe fan and something is in its way move it or replace the thing thats making the noise if its not repairable