Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop computer display very odd flickering issue...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

khalabala

khalabala

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have an HP laptop. it is approx. 2 years old. it functions quite well.. until, recently where i started to experience some odd flickering issue with the display.

i am not a geek, but i know my way around computer related stuff.. but i just cant seem to get my head around this problem...

i have an HD intel dedicated GPU, and an nvidia 840m integrated GPU. my laptop screen flickers everytime i am working on a task on windows, it doesnt matter wether i am reading a pdf or browsing the net, the flickering would be still there.. however... when i adjust the laptop screen, by pushing it up and down, the flickering can go away briefely. but it always comes back.. 

So i figured it might be because of the laptop display it self.. well turns out it wasnt, because when i play a full screen game, i dont experience any problem at all..

then i figured it might be because of some kind of error on windows, so i used an HDMI cable to attach an external monitor to see if the problem would still be there.. but it turns out that, the external monitor also worked perfectly.. 

as a desperat last attempt, i even decided to restore the laptop to factory settings.. but the problem is still there..

i have tried everything there is.. so this is really my last hope.. 

does anybody got an advice? i would appreciate it. thanks.!

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

See if there are any ideas here link below, scroll down to see a picture of a flickering screen and there suggesting to adjust screen resolution.

http://support.hp.co...t/bph05236#AbT3