Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ignoring Harddrives?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Rhaom

Rhaom

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

This is not really the right section for this as its not specific to windows 10 (but there is no general "system setup" section).

Nerd Question!

Is it possible to tell Windows & Linux to "ignore" hard drives?

I am running a dual boot setup with Linux and Windows (2 SSDs and 2 Mechanical)

C:/ :- Linux OS (SSD)
D:/ :- Windows OS (SSD)
E:/ :- Windows Additional Storage (Mechanical)
F:/ :- Linux Additional Storage (Mechanical)

Is it possible for me to set up the system so that when I am in Windows and i go to my computer only the D and E drive are visible... and likewise with Linux when i go to home that only the C and F drive are visible?

Edited by Rhaom, 30 March 2017 - 08:45 AM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

In Windows, click Start, type in disk management and press [Enter]. Right-click the drive you want to hide and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths...", click "Remove" then "OK" and close Disk Management. That drive will now be innaccessible in Windows Explorer or at the command prompt.

How to hide drive letter in Linux