Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows failed to start because of mbamswissarmy.sys

• Please log in to reply

Saiko7

Saiko7

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Guys ,I desperately need help here,I habe alenovo g505s laptop and it was working fine till yesterday no blue screen nothing, I had downloaded malwarebytes to remove nova.rambler.Ru,and my laptop was working fine even after multiple startups
.but today when I start my computer I get
\windows\system32\drivers\MBAMSwissarmy.sys status:0xc0000221. INFO widows failed load because critical driver missing.

I know this is a malware bytes problem since I read other forums. But I could not understand their solutions though I realized each problem like this has a tailormad solution. I cannot open my computer normally or in a safe mode or to a previous boot configuration. I have no idea how to proceed ,and I don't have the original windows installation CD.I Need help urgently as I cannot reformat my drives I have a lot f college projects saved there. Please help

Edited by Saiko7, 01 April 2017 - 02:07 AM.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Saiko7,

Welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

I do apologize for the delay in responding. Do you still need help?

In order to provide precise instructions I will need to know which OS is installed on your computer. I believe the Lenovo G505s was shipped with W8, but I would like to be sure.

Thank you,
Donna :)