Welcome to Geeks to Go!
My name is Donna and I'll be helping you to clean up your computer.Please read this post completely before beginning the fix. If there's anything that you do not understand, please don't hesitate to ask before proceeding.Please take note of the guidelines for this fix:
Please do as follows:
- Please note that I am a volunteer. I do have a family, a career, and other endeavors that may prevent immediate responses that meet your schedule. Your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated.
- First of all, the procedures we are about to perform are specific to your problem and should only be used on this specific computer.
- Do not make any changes to your computer that include installing/uninstalling programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, nor running scanners or tools of any kind unless specifically requested by me.
- Please read ALL instructions carefully and perform the steps fully and in the order they are written.
- If things appear to be better, let me know. Just because the symptoms no longer exist as before, does not mean that you are clean.
- Continue to read and follow my instructions until I tell you that your machine is clean.
- If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask before performing the task that I ask of you, and please wait for my reply before you proceed.
- Scanning with programs and reading the logs do take a fair amount of time. Again, your patience will be necessary.
Down Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to your desktop
from one of the links below:
For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64
- Right click on the FRST.exe and choose Run as administrator.
- When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Under Optional Scan make sure there is a checkmark in the box for Addition.txt to ensure it creates that 2nd log.
- Press Scan button.
- Please post (do not attach) the FRST.txt and Addition.txt logs in your next reply.