I'm sending this on husbands laptop.
My Gateway (prev. Windows 7 until I upgraded to Windows 10 Microsoft free Internet upgrade last year.) No problems until last Mon. 4/27.
I was on Facebook & I couldn't upload any photos so I just tried typing a note but no letters would appear. After trying couple more unsuccessful post I noticed that all the items on FB wasn't loaded, I signed out & shut down / restart computer. This is when the problems started that I'll list in order as to what happened.
1. It restarted, but then went black, won't restart.
2. I pushed Power button again & nothing. Pushed Power button again & held down briefly, then Gateway came up on monitor with white lettering at the bottom of screen says boot menu etc.just for a second & then next page came up very quickly with some white lettering top of page then black screen.
3. Then 4 square Windows came up middle of screen with a circle of dots underneath that were moving in a circle. Then stopped, leaving blue screen.
4. I pushed / held down Power button again & after Windows & circle of spinning dots went away.
5. Page came up said "Looks like Windows didn't close correctly. Choose either (A) "Restart My Computer" or (B) "See Advanced Repair Options".
1st time I clicked (A) did nothing. Next time I chose (B) & saw options I didn't want to select so I backed out & selected " Exit Continue to Windows 10" & the wonderful music started & my desktop came up & I was up & running!
6. 4 days later my computer started the same issues again this morning so I logged out of FB, Clicked Restart & got back to the page that says "Choose an Option".....Continue - Exit and Continue to Windows 10....or Troubleshoot - Reset your PC or see advanced options...or Turn off your PC. I'm not a techy lady, so I'll appreciate easy to understand instructions if possible . Thought I'd give you smart folks a try before I take in for expensive PC repair.