Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

iexplore.exe file missing

• Please log in to reply

Limpin-n

Limpin-n

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Great site. Thanks a ton, but..., i lost my iexplore.exe file apparently, and cant run IE now any help appreciated. Brent

Advertisements

RogueComGeek

RogueComGeek

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
have you tried just reinstalling IE6?
Reinstall Internet Explorer
you should be able to throw this on a floppy and run it from and reinstall IE :tazz: from the Internet

Limpin-n

Limpin-n

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
yeah but i cant get to the net with out explorer can i , sorry guys not to good with this.

Hobo

Hobo

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
you are show as online. what are you using? And do you not have an XP disc from which you can re-install explorer?

Limpin-n

Limpin-n

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
online on pc, problem on laptop next to it

Hobo

Hobo

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
So are they not networked or do younot have a removable storage device onto which you can download whatever you need to get back online with the l.top?

Limpin-n

Limpin-n

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
no zip drive , and no floppys at my disposal, unfortunatly. running through wireless router

Edited by Limpin-n, 17 June 2005 - 04:37 PM.

Hobo

Hobo

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
No CD writer? If not get a mate to write you a disc. If you must have IE, OK. But there are better ( and safer, which maybe you need if the last IE caught a cold).

Avant. Opera. Firefox all an improvement on IE and all have tabbed browsing and better protection built in.

This old boy is now off to bed before he turns into a pumpkin.

Take care, G'Night

RogueComGeek

RogueComGeek

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

yeah but i cant get to the net with out explorer can i , sorry guys not to good with this.

View Post

the internet on windows is not based on just Iexplorer you can have other programs and games run on their own without internet explorer. like that exe file will connect to the microsoft website without iexplorer because it has to install it :tazz:. little hard to install something when it is in use.