Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Changing IP Address

• Please log in to reply

oxox1528

oxox1528

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I am looking for an easy and quick way to change my IP address.

For some reason, I have been blocked on Craigslist.   not sure what caused it.

Is there a work-around to get it changed I get an new IP address?

Help and advise.

I do have xfinity modem

I work on Mac Platform operating system

Advertisements

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

If your internet service provider assign you a static ip address then you will need to contact your internet service provider to get the static ip address changed.

If you have dynamic ip address rebooting your router usually make your internet service provider assign you new dynamic ip address. 

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,911 posts

Hi there,

Please not that that is sometimes the case, but there are also service providers that 'lock' the dynamic IP address for up to 4 hours of downtime. So they lease you the address, and as long as your modem keeps telling the Service Provider that you're still there, it extends the lease. So worst case you'd have to wait 4 hours (in case of this example.

Regards,

Olrik