Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

More Portable Monitor/Keyboard/Mouse

• Please log in to reply

comphelp9

comphelp9

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Is there something in existence that kind of feels like a laptop but is just a monitor/keyboard/mouse combination? Something I could plug into my desktop to make it more portable to I am not tied to the desk.  Even if the plug is really long - that doesn't bother me.  It's more a need to work from my lap.  Any ideas are appreciated!

Edited to add - would need to be able to easily switch back and forth between my desk setup with dual monitors - and this more portable setup.

Edited by comphelp9, 21 April 2017 - 06:32 AM.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Find a cheap laptop or tablet PC and run TeamViewer on the desktop and PC.  Then you could use the laptop/tablet to access your desktop from anywhere.  No wires required as long as you have WiFi.  I bought a iClever 10.1 Inch Windows 10 OS Tablet with Detachable Keyboard Case Cover & Stand from newegg that runs win 10 and has a keyboard (very cheap feel to it so you might be better off with a used laptop) but it works.  I got mine on sale for $120 tho I see they are now $200 on Amazon so it pays to shop around.