Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gamepad problem

• Please log in to reply

artzi

artzi

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Hey guys.

I have the logitech f710 wireless gamepad.I used it before with connectivity issues since its a problem everyone has with this one but i made it work.Its been like 3 months now that stopped working.I've tried everything and my only conclusion is that my usb port drives might not be suitable for this gamepad.I got to that conclusion because after i formatted my pc the gamepad started working perfectly.After the windows updates and pc restart it stopped working while still recognized by the pc and the logitech software.Logitech has a connection app that let's you know when the gamepad connected successfully.I tried this app since that's how i fixed it before and after the usb plug out and in again the gamepad was not found.So i tried another port.Pc finds it in device manager but not working.I plug in and out for the app and it disappears.Same goes for all ports.That's why i think its a port problem.Any ideas?

Got windows 10 btw.If need more info let me know

Thank you

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

Is there any clue here,
https://steamcommuni...07675756215747/

It's a bit old topic, but there may be a clue for you.

artzi

artzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

I disabled some usb 3.0 drivers i had since i dont use them and after restart it worked.After playing for 8 minutes it stopped working.I saw your solution tried it.It worked but after some mins stopped working.Did the connection app it worked.After some mins it stopped.Can't understand what's the problem.If i do the connection app it will work for some mins then i need to do it again.

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

sounds to me like windows 10 is updating the drivers after you get things working and why it then stops working again, see if this link helps you :- https://support.micr..._source=twitter

:popcorn:

Edited by terry1966, 22 April 2017 - 04:40 AM.

artzi

artzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

tried that same thing..It seems to me that it is losing connection even though im literally in front of it with nothing blocking the way..i will contact logitech maybe the change the receiver or sth

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

ok if it's not a driver update problem then it might be a power management problem with windows turning off the usb ports after a certain time, see if this link helps. :- http://helpdeskgeek....off-usb-device/

artzi

artzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

done this before nothing changes.I lose connection while i use it.

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

ok lets start from the beginning, can you uninstall the gamepad in device manager and then follow this video to manually choose to install the windows x360 wireless receiver driver and install it, see if it then works without dropping connection. :-  

Edited by terry1966, 22 April 2017 - 05:49 AM.

artzi

artzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

done this before too.I did it again.Same thing happened.BUT i tried another game and it is working.I lose connection when i play dark souls 3 maybe the game shuts down gamepad or sth got any idea?

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

ok so it works fine and doesn't drop connection except in that 1 game dark souls 3, correct?

no solution at the moment but will see what i can find on the net, is the controller switched to use the xinput connection?

artzi

artzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

yes its in xinput

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

ok the only thing i can find that may fix the problem with that game is to use the oldest available driver instead of the newest and see if it then stops dropping connection.

artzi

artzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

dont have this issue and i dont have the options he has in the driver install

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

sorry don't know what else to suggest if trying an older driver didn't fix the lost connection problem with that game.

at least now you know it's a problem with that game only and not a hardware problem.