Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running slow, memory always >80%, fan running nonstop

• Please log in to reply

ndskykng

ndskykng

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Although as I say that, I browse around on Chrome and the interrupts go to 1.7-1.8 temporarily.  Again temporary.  Back down to 0.9-1.0 now.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

A temporary surge in interrupts when opening a new tab or changing pages seems to be normal.  Mine does that too.  

WMI seems to run every 10 seconds or so.  If you watch Process Explorer you will see WMIPrvSE.exe come up in the CPU usage then go down on a regular basis.  Shutting down the service like we did stops it so if that had no effect on slowdowns then that's not a problem.

Could your Internet be slow?

This test seems to be pretty good

https://sourceforge.net/speedtest/

Is that about what you are paying for?

After the Test runs you can View Details and it will talk about each result and tell you if there are any services like netflix that won't work.

ndskykng

ndskykng

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

The speedtest stops progressing and gets stuck once the download test is done.

But from the download speed it shows, it is what I'm paying for.