Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

zip hopper?

zip hopper

• Please log in to reply

yamav

yamav

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi, I just got a laptop back from my favorite repair guy and I've never noticed this b4 but my mouse didn't work so I started looking at devices etc and found about 9 things called zip hoppers on the screen where my printer is added. There is a symbol of a computer and two music notes and a long serial type number.  What are these? I have the feeling I should delete them. Appreciate your input. I tried searching them on the internet but no real luck. I got partial searches but nothing that related to the serial numbers. 

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Hello,

symbol of a computer and two music notes

Can you right click on that ? Does it tell you anything ?

Thanks
Joe :)

yamav

yamav

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

thanks for the suggestion,  I'll try that and see. I guess I could call the tech shop and ask him what they are but I'd kind of like to know whether I can trust these guys or not anymore. Hopper could be a dish network thing but we don't run anything at all through that laptop.We haven't downloaded any movies or series etc.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Hello,

Calling the Tech shop is a good idea. It's likely something left over that they may have used in troubleshooting.

Joe