Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Yahoo Mail screen with the column for ads on the right side

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

The column (on my Windows 10 pc) headed by icons labeled  Messenger,Contacts,Calendar,Notepad, and Settings Menu. Can you delete the whole column? It takes up too much space and blocks parts of the message display?     Thanks. .... batpark

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

There should be a little arrow there on the vertical line that separates the ( Messenger,Contacts,Calendar,Notepad, and Settings Menu) from your E-Mail , I just started fooling with it, and somehow I shrunk that space to a very small window. It looks so much better, click on that line if you don't see the arrow. Keep fooling around with it.

Thanks
Joe :)

Edit

I noticed if I click on inbox, the window jumps to the same size again :( and you need to click on the arrow once more to make the E-Mail window bigger, There must be some way to lock it, I'll see about that.

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Hello Batpark,

I agree, the Yahoo Mail ads on the right are very annoying! :(

Various ad blocker/privacy extensions such as Adblocker Plus or Ghostery will get rid of the ads themselves. The column itself remains though - and you need to click the arrow that zep516 mentioned to get rid of it.

Am not 100% certain that the column on the right is the one you were talking about though, so if it isn't please let us know.

Chris.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Joe, Chris: Thanks both. The offending column I am talking about  IS the one on the right of the screen. Unfortunately I could not find the "arrow on a vertical" that eliminated the column. 

I'll look forward to hearing from you if you can find an "eliminating" procedure. ... batpark

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
Am out at the moment, but will post a screenshot later to help you find the elusive 'arrow'. :)

Chris.

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Hello Batpark,

Okay, here as promised are a couple of screenshots. The arrow is just a tiny little thing, about a third of the way from the bottom in the first screenshot and attached to the bar where you can scroll up and down. The second screenshot is a close-up of the arrow from the first one.

mail.jpg

mail2.jpg

Chris.

Edited by Channeal, 01 May 2017 - 10:30 AM.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

FWIW: Channeal's screenshot could not be clearer. However that small arrow does NOT appear on my PC screen. And, so far, no amount of fooling with that vertical line, per Joe's suggestion, has worked either.

I expect it is useless but i'll try asking Yahoo. ..... batpark

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Interestingly, after I posted my message and screenshots here the other day the arrow mysteriously disappeared on my laptop. I am not sure if that was in Microsoft Edge or in the Windows 10 Yahoo app, but they are both showing the arrow today. Maybe yours will magically appear sometime! :)

Good luck with contacting Yahoo. I doubt that they are going to help you get rid of the ads though! :(

Chris.