Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems after reset

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

philstewart

philstewart

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've got a problem since resetting my laptop. I've recently updated the Creators Update version of Windows 10. My computer was going slow (which it was doing BEFORE the update) so I thought a reset might help. Which it did. BUT the Start Menu isn't working properly, neither is the Region / International settings.

The Start Menu doesn't add any new apps when they are installed, and I'm thinking there's probably some stuff missing!
The calendar (bottom right) doesn't work, and it won't save any Region settings.

I've had a look at the registry, and International appears to have a permission issue.
I don't know what to do about the Start Menu.

What should I do?

Advertisements

philstewart

philstewart

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks for that. Didn't do anything though.

I'm not sure I've explained the problem properly: the apps ARE installed, they just aren't showing on the Start Menu.

I'm also convinced the problem with the calendar and the languages etc is to do with the permissions on the International registry key. It currently just shows "access is denied"