Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows XP keeps restarting and showing floppy disk errors (40)

• Please log in to reply

zDexterz

zDexterz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, can someone help me? I have a MSI Motherboard V-Class desktop running Windows XP, it restarts repeatedly on startup after I switched boot mode to Safe Mode in msconfig. Now it showing floppy disk (40) [sometimes floppy disk (40)one]and give me 2 options:f1 to continue , DEL to enter setup. I chose f1, I also tried to load most recent working settings.

I had tried the load defaults in BIOS but it didn't solve the problem, someone help me please 😭

Edited by zDexterz, 02 May 2017 - 02:14 AM.

Advertisements

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Boot your computer into BIOS and disable floppy disk if you are not using it.  Also make sure to place the hard disk drive where Windows installed top of all boot devices it need to be first boot device.

zDexterz

zDexterz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Boot your computer into BIOS and disable floppy disk if you are not using it.  Also make sure to place the hard disk drive where Windows installed top of all boot devices it need to be first boot device.

Hi FreeBooter, thanks for your reply, but it didn't solve my problem...

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Can you give us the full error message please.

If you have floppy disk check its cable connections.

Boot your computer with bootable live operating system like Knoppix operating system and if the computer boots without the error message then we will know error message displayed by Windows XP.