Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible to get Netflix app on Samsung BD-d5300

• Please log in to reply

Rickie

Rickie

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
In Australia?

This is the player my family uses as it was cheap second hand and could be made region free. Has been quite handy!

Recently I was able to actually connect it to the internet to update it and use the YouTube app. Which..works, on and off. Bloody slow even when it does, but still.

I heard that there was also a Netflix app, but we Aussies didn't get it because at the time Netflix wasn't a thing that existed here.

I'm curious to find out if I can get it on there somehow. Even if the menus are as bogged down as the YT app.

If the apps are locked to firmware is it possible to flash one from the US, for instance? Or is there another way perhaps.

Either way, figured I'd ask in case anyone has fiddled around with older "smart" blu ray players before.

Advertisements