Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer not shutting down

• Please log in to reply

transit

transit

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi members

when I finish with the computer I click the bottom to shut the computer off,  and when the process start something appear that say computer try to closed this program,  do it and continue with the blue screen that say logging off  and after shutting down, but this start with that the computer can not logging off and stay there for long time, and have to push the power bottom to put the computer off,  to try to fix it I did control panel troubleshoot, system and security, power, and follow the screen and find some and suppose to fix it what was the problem, but now passed the logging off but stuck in the shutting part, and can be for hours trying to shut down the computer and never finish, I did the same process before and say that the screen saver is enable (fixed). but the problem come back every time I turn the computer on, that the computer can not shutting down,

hope someone can help me fix this problem.

thank you so much

Transit.

Advertisements

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Please boot your computer into Safe Mode and tell us if the issue resolves within Safe Mode.

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi, freebooster

I did safe mode and everything went well, the computer turn off..  no mayor issue..  this window 7 home edition is old. like 4 year or so for the effect that Microsoft is already at window 10,  is common that start having issues...  sometime the electricity go off, it is possible that, that can be one of the problem?

thank you for you help.

Transit

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Hi transit,

When the electricity switch off sometimes NTFS file system can get corrupted which you can repair it using Chkdsk C: /F command.

Please download and run CPUID'S HWMonitor and monitor your temperatures.  The Speccy showed a temperature of 80C for your graphics, this is too high.  But I've seen Speccy post temperatures which don't jive with the temperatures of the motherboard and CPU.  Please post what the temperatures are for the motherboard, CPU, and the graphics.

I would like to have you run a Clean Boot.

How to perform a Clean Boot.

Warning:  Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your anitivius disabled until the process is ended.  For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

Press the Windows keywindowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the R key to open Run, then type msconfig in the search box.  This will open System Configuration.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation.

(1)  Click/tap on the General tab.

(2)  Click/tap on the Selective startup option.

(3)  Remove the check mark in the Load startup items  check box.

msconfig_zpsuoxvomjq.png

4.  Click on the Services tab.

5.  Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running.

6.  Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list.

clean%20boot%203_zpsyvcjopso.png

7.  Click on Hide all Microsoft services.  Click on Apply then OK

clean%20boot%202_zpsekds879g.png

Click on Restart in the window that opens.

When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.

Let me know if the problem persists after restarting the computer.

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi freebooster,

Sorry for my delay to respond to you, Thank you for you help,  I did what you suggested and the computer boot normally, not problem. but for some reason ( I don't know if  this have something to do with the original problem)  the IE froze, and happen that the computer when to sleep mode and it not want to wake, I have to turn the computer off to restart it,

The temperature is

CPU  35 to 37 C

Motherboard (CPU 1)  39 C

Graphic   44 C 

Average Temperature is 33 to 35 C

Thank you so much for you help.

Transit

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

You need to find out which startup service or program you have disabled causing the issue. To do that you need to enable few services and startup programs and restart your computer you will do this till issue comes back then you will know one or more last few enabled startup items causing the issue. You will one at time disable last enabled startup items and each time you have disabled a startup item restart your computer to find out if problem resolves if it does then you have found the cause of the problem its the last disabled startup item causing the problem.

I would like you to check the system integrity of your Windows OS installation.

• Please right click the Windows logo (formerly the start button) at the bottom left of your screen.
  • Please select  "Command Prompt (Admin)"
  • Please type the following command and press the <Enter> key: sfc /scannow  (Please note that there is a space between 'sfc" and "/scannow".)
  • It should take about 20 minutes to run, if there are no serious errors.
  • If the System File Checker reports that some errors were fixed, but some remain; please reboot your computer and run the System File Checker from an Administrator Command Prompt, again.
  • If the System File Checker again reports that some errors were fixed, but some remain, please reboot your computer and run it a third time.
  • If "Resource Integrity Violations" (errors) are reported that could not be corrected, or were not corrected after a third SFC run, then please navigate to the folder: C:\Windows\Logs\CBS and copy the file "cbs.log" to your desktop immediately.  I am asking you do that because that file is dynamic, so I want to be able to examine a copy that is unchanged from the time that the System File Checker was run.
  • If there are errors that couldn't be corrected, let me know and I will provide you with instructions as to how to upload the file

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi Freebooter

I will repeat the instruction that you give me..  but is a problem remember that I did your first instruction about disable startup, but the issue come back.. that not want to shoot down, also I discover that my computer was in normal startup not in the one that you tell me do to...  this change anything that you want me to do? 

when I put the computer on the mark that I take out in selective startup come back, is that ok,

Please advise me what to do.

thanks

Transit

Edited by transit, 15 May 2017 - 01:00 PM.

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

You should boot Windows in "Selective Startup" and disable or uninstall the program or service causing the issue.

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi FREEBOOTER,

I will let you know soon

Thanks..

Ps. as soon I finish with it I will do the rest of it.. Thank you so much..

Transit

Ps. The problem is not when I restart the computer is when I try to shut it down (off) for the night.

Edited by transit, 23 May 2017 - 02:49 PM.

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi freebooter,

Houston we have a problem,  the computer don't let me send you the CBS file.. I did (administrator), but said I not have the permission to share this files I'm the administrator of this computer,  I copy and paste the CBS to my desktop, this give me like 5 cbspersist and one junk.  please advise me what I doing wrong.

Thanks you

Transit.

Ps. also said this;  Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file

Ps. I still doing the system configuration to see which one is have an issue with the computer

Edited by transit, 23 May 2017 - 03:28 PM.

Advertisements

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Please open the Command Prompt as a administrator and execute following command:

Findstr  /c:"[SR]"  "C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log"   > %UserProfile%\Desktop\Cbs.txt

Above command will create a Cbs.txt file at your Desktop please attached this file to your next post.

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

well, I hope is this one.. let me know if is what you need.

sorry

Thanks

Transit

Attached Files

• Attached File  Cbs.txt   213.65KB   25 downloads

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Please type below command into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

The following command scans integrity of all protected Windows system files and repairs files with problems when possible.

Sfc  /Scannow   /OFFBOOTDIR=D:\   /OFFWINDIR=D:\Windows

Please replace partition letter D: with Windows installed partition letter. When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

HI FREEBOOTER,

I don't think this computer have drive D, is just C and the DVD-rom.  this system came installed when the computer was bought.  I have to change the letter ? in the command that you want me to do.

please let me know what to do next.

Thanks

Transit

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
Did the SFC command executed and repaired corrupted system files?