Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer not shutting down

• Please log in to reply

transit

transit

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi members

when I finish with the computer I click the bottom to shut the computer off,  and when the process start something appear that say computer try to closed this program,  do it and continue with the blue screen that say logging off  and after shutting down, but this start with that the computer can not logging off and stay there for long time, and have to push the power bottom to put the computer off,  to try to fix it I did control panel troubleshoot, system and security, power, and follow the screen and find some and suppose to fix it what was the problem, but now passed the logging off but stuck in the shutting part, and can be for hours trying to shut down the computer and never finish, I did the same process before and say that the screen saver is enable (fixed). but the problem come back every time I turn the computer on, that the computer can not shutting down,

hope someone can help me fix this problem.

thank you so much

Transit.

Advertisements

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi, freebooster

I did safe mode and everything went well, the computer turn off..  no mayor issue..  this window 7 home edition is old. like 4 year or so for the effect that Microsoft is already at window 10,  is common that start having issues...  sometime the electricity go off, it is possible that, that can be one of the problem?

thank you for you help.

Transit

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi freebooster,

Sorry for my delay to respond to you, Thank you for you help,  I did what you suggested and the computer boot normally, not problem. but for some reason ( I don't know if  this have something to do with the original problem)  the IE froze, and happen that the computer when to sleep mode and it not want to wake, I have to turn the computer off to restart it,

The temperature is

CPU  35 to 37 C

Motherboard (CPU 1)  39 C

Graphic   44 C 

Average Temperature is 33 to 35 C

Thank you so much for you help.

Transit

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi Freebooter

I will repeat the instruction that you give me..  but is a problem remember that I did your first instruction about disable startup, but the issue come back.. that not want to shoot down, also I discover that my computer was in normal startup not in the one that you tell me do to...  this change anything that you want me to do? 

when I put the computer on the mark that I take out in selective startup come back, is that ok,

Please advise me what to do.

thanks

Transit

Edited by transit, 15 May 2017 - 01:00 PM.

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi FREEBOOTER,

I will let you know soon

Thanks..

Ps. as soon I finish with it I will do the rest of it.. Thank you so much..

Transit

Ps. The problem is not when I restart the computer is when I try to shut it down (off) for the night.

Edited by transit, 23 May 2017 - 02:49 PM.

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi freebooter,

Houston we have a problem,  the computer don't let me send you the CBS file.. I did (administrator), but said I not have the permission to share this files I'm the administrator of this computer,  I copy and paste the CBS to my desktop, this give me like 5 cbspersist and one junk.  please advise me what I doing wrong.

Thanks you

Transit.

Ps. also said this;  Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file

Ps. I still doing the system configuration to see which one is have an issue with the computer

Edited by transit, 23 May 2017 - 03:28 PM.

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

well, I hope is this one.. let me know if is what you need.

sorry

Thanks

Transit

Attached Files

• Attached File  Cbs.txt   213.65KB   202 downloads

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

HI FREEBOOTER,

I don't think this computer have drive D, is just C and the DVD-rom.  this system came installed when the computer was bought.  I have to change the letter ? in the command that you want me to do.

please let me know what to do next.

Thanks

Transit

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi FreeBooter

It what said:

Attached Thumbnails

• Prompt1.jpg

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi, FreeBooter

No, I attach what the computer said when I try to do it.

let me know what next.

Thanks

transit

Attached Thumbnails

• SFC2.jpg