Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PS3 controllers through SCP Toolkit

SCP PS3 controllers Game pads

• Please log in to reply

AdonisX82

AdonisX82

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello everyone.

I was using controllers to play games on my PC

I had an Afterglow wireless controller and one Dualshock 3 controller

I used them for emulators (NES, SNES, N64) and a couple of PC games (primarily Street Fighter X Tekken)

Everything was working fine until recently

I always just had the two controllers plugged in, but then I had my kids all over for the night and wanted to play some 4 player goldeneye

I plugged the controllers in (all USB ports are on the front of my tower, minus the afterglow which is inside the case), went into SCP, uploaded the drivers, and the controllers work.

However, the controllers are all messed up.

They function, but none of the buttons are what they are supposed to be, not even the one dualshock I already had goin that was working fine

in SFxT the controller shows up when I press start (which, instead of the start button, is now a shoulder button) but that's all it'll do, it won't move or confirm or anything

and in the N64 emulator, again it works, but all the buttons are different. and I can't just change them because the buttons that it says it is when I press them isn't what it actually is. for example, trying to make left on the analog stick does nothing, I have to press left on the d-pad, and it says it's left on the analog.

what's curious is in the drop down menu where I change the controls in the project 64, and also in the actual game pad system setting, it registers as being a motioninjoy controller, even though I uninstalled motioninjoy some time ago

also motionjoy controllers are options in the SCP drop down

sorry for writing so much, tryin to give the details

but yeah, as per usual, something that should be simple is proving to be difficult for me and it's aggravating.

just want the controllers to work

thanks in advance Untitled.png

Advertisements