Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

requested resource in use, no network, can't delete reg key or fil

rootkit smartsource resourcein use no network dataup svscmx smart service

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

zclight

zclight

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Help. background: windows defender detected an issue. I decided to download malwarebytes. error: requested resource in use. tried different anti, same error. researched. found possible source is smartservice. in a topic on here, solution: downloaded farbar recovery. i ran the fix with the fix list in topic. (i'm guessing that i should not have) mouse became hard to use, lost network and a few other option. none of the "renamed" programs would run. all get same error of req res in use. can't delete folders under the appdata, local with names like dataup etc. can't delete reg keys with certain names as well.

computer is alienware 17r4, running windows 10. (not with creator update) can't access any recovery or refresh options. can get to safe mode. i can rerun the farbar and post log if that will help. i have access to this tablet and another laptop in a bit. i can try to run something from a usb drive if i knew what would work. please let me know if i need to give more information or next step. thanks....

Advertisements

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

Welcome :)

Lets check for a rootkit.

• Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and save the file to your Desktop.
  • Right-Click MBAR.exe and select AVOiBNU.jpgRun as administrator to run the installer.
  • Select your Desktop as the location to extract the contents and click OK. The programme should open upon completion.
  • Click Next, followed by Update. Upon update completion, click Next.
  • Ensure Drivers, Sectors & System are checked and click Scan.
  • Note: Do not use your computer during the scan.
  • Upon completion:
    • If no infection is found, close the MBAR window.
    • If an infection is found, ensure Create Restore Point is checked and click Cleanup. Reboot when prompted.
  • Two logs (mbar-log.txt and system-log.txt) will be created. Copy the contents of both logs and paste in your next reply. Both logs can be found in the MBAR folder.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure that under Optional Scans, there is a checkmark on Addition.txt.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The tool will also produce another log (Addition.txt ). Please attach this to your reply.

zclight

zclight

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi. the mbar will not run. tried as admin, in safe mode and frm usb. all say requested resource in use. :(

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure that under Optional Scans, there is a checkmark on Addition.txt and List BCD.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The tool will also produce another log (Addition.txt ). Please attach this to your reply.

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
Are you still with us?

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.