Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio not working on Win 10 Dell

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

monkeyboyblues

monkeyboyblues

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Running Win 10 on a Dell Lattitude E6400.

Problem is audio is not working. 

Couple of months ago I installed driver for an audio interface (Tascam US-1200)

and it was working fine.

Occasionally, however, there was no audio problems as if the computer was getting

confused between the laptop audio and the audio through the interface.

I would bounce back between the two when this happened.

Currently the audio interface audio is barely audible and the laptop audio is none existent.

Dell Audio drivers and audio interface drivers  are updated.

Thanks!

Advertisements

clairemarie

clairemarie

• Pip
  • 1 posts

My audio quit about a week ago (HP Envy - little more than 2 years old if that matters), for no apparent reason. Reinstalled the AMD driver (twice) and disabled the enhancements (or whatever that thing said to do). Troubleshooter played a test sound which I did not hear, then went back to "Playing Audio" and "Resolving Problems" which has been running for about 15 minutes now. I've tried this about 3 times. I also shut down and did the HP thing where you hit f2 - UEI Diagnostics, maybe? Anyway, the speakers worked FINE for that.

Please help.

tyvm

And also, I apologize for just this second seeing this is a Dell thread, not HP.  durr

And noooow....the Troubleshooter just made a sound and changed my driver to Generic. I can hear again! But can anybody tell me what happened? Do I need a new sound card?

Edited by clairemarie, 19 May 2017 - 05:48 PM.

lvlpost

lvlpost

• Pip
  • 6 posts

You tried the speakers on another system and they worked fine so we knew it was some kind of internal issue. Problem, once found, was a quick fix. Somehow gremlins during the night switched the speakers to mute. Start/ Settings / Control panel / Sounds and Devices/Device Volume/Unchecked Mute

Edited by lvlpost, 25 May 2017 - 10:37 PM.