Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

camera recommendation for "Speakers Corner"

cameras video speakers corner event audio video booth recording

• Please log in to reply

MaryElizabethG

MaryElizabethG

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I am working on an event and one thing we want to have is a booth that people can go into and do a short video (1 minute) - speaking their mind.  There was a similar thing in Toronto for many many years.  The CityTV station had a booth outside that people could enter, drop in a $1 coin and speak their mind for 1 minute..  Speakers Corner.  They were then shown on TV....

What I am trying to figure out is what is the best way to record them?  My son said to use an Ipad and there are apps that would limit it to 1 minute and have a count down to start it.  Does anyone recommend an app?   We need it to be easy for the person to just hit a button to get it to start.  We don't want them fiddling around with it.  So maybe this is a good option for the event..... 

But - there's talk of using the booth for the same purpose in the town throughout the summer for the public to use.  What kind of equipment would we need and could it be secure? 

Any suggestions?  

thanks!  Mary

Advertisements

frame30

frame30

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I am wondering if you ever found a Speakers Corner system? I am working with the Wellspring Foundation in Edmonton and they would like to have something like that to record their clients thoughts about their cancer journey. Thoughts? Cheers. Michael.