Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Exporting Outlook 2016

• Please log in to reply

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Hi,

I'm not sure but the duplication of Calendar, Contacts, etc. could be because if I'm not mistaken you have the same Outlook.pst file attached from two different locations (from C: and N:) and probably in different stages. I'm wrong about this?

The Compress and Export options reorganize the pst file and reduce the file usage, its possible the program leave some room prepared to receive new data to avoid a constant resizing of the file.

Advertisements

Ste

Ste

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Hi, I deleted the 'N' drive data and now just have the 'Personal Folders' reference on 'C' drive and I have backed this up in the way you originally suggested to another drive.

I think I will leave it at that for now though that file is still 5.2GB in size. You may be right in thinking it is leaving room for new data though I have found another 'Exported' folder dated 20/5/17 which is only 1.86GB in size. I'm sure my mail didn't increase over 3GB in that time. Unless there was an update to the program which increased that space by default, it is still a puzzle. Anyway thanks for your help, I have learned a bit more about Outlook in this process.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Hi,

Sounds a good plan :)

Found a guide here that explains how to see what is "using the space" inside the pst file.